Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chicken Korma

As part of an Indian meal, I cooked Chicken Korma. DH does not like hot spicy food so I left the chilli powder out. I used thigh meat and although I made all the sauce, I removed 1/2 after it was cooked, and before I added the chicken. I had just over 500g of chicken. The recipe came from Thermomix 'Fast and Easy Indian Cooking', page 116-117. It was very nice and will make it again. The full recipe will feed 6-8 as stated in recipe , with rice and a salad.

40g. cashews
3 cloves of garlic
4cm of fresh ginger
1 onion, peeled and 1/4 ed
10g oil
3/4 teasp. ground cumin
1 teasp. coriander
1/4 teasp. turmeric
1 teasp salt
140g cream
200g water
2 teasp. tomato puree
1/4 chilli powder (I didn't use)
2 fresh bay leaver
6 cardamom pods
4 whole cloves
5cm. cinnamom stick
1000g boneless chicken.
1 teaspoon garam masala (I didn't use)


Grind nuts,8 sec.speed 9. Leave in bowl
Mince, garlic, ginger and onion by dropping on to blades at speed 5. Scrape down
Add oil and cook 3 mins.100,speed 3.
Add cumin,coriander,turmeric,salt and chilli, if using. Cook6 mins,100,speed2.
Add cream and water and tomato puree,blend 10 sec, speed 9.
Cook 6 mins.,100, speed 2. In the mean time add 1 tablesp to a frying pan and cook the additional whole spices, until fragrant. Stop machine and tip in whole spices and oil. Restart machine and continue cooking.
Add ,chicken ,( cut into 2cm. cubes, skinless), and poke under with spatula.
Cook 15 mins for breast meat, and
20 mins. for thigh meat.

15/20 mins,100,reverse,spoon speed.

If you don't want whole spices in the finished dish, blend sauce BEFORE adding chicken. 1 min speed 10.

Serve with additional cashew nuts

1 comment:

Thermomixer said...

Nice work Chookie - shame you don't live closer - I could come and do some computer work in exchange for some Korma