Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bill Granger's Cinnamon Snail Rolls, A LEMON VERSION.

This is the original conversion.
JulieO's recipe conversion of this recipe,  would have to be one of my all time favorites.
Today, at Bakers Delight they were promoting a snail roll,  with a lemon butter filling, and a blob of cream cheese on top as a soft icing.  I bought one, not quite $2,  to try.  I was a medium cup cake size.  Julie's recipe would make 24 of these.

I intend to make some of these for Xmas.  I will follow this recipe but will do the following.

leave out the fruit and brown sugar and Cinnamon
Brush the dough with butter,  before applying the filling
Use Tenina's Lemon curd for filling
Place cupcake paper cups into a cupcake tin,  before placing uncooked scrolls into tin.
The scrolls will need to be 1/2 size

Mix some icing sugar with Philly Cream Cheese,  and a little lemon juice. Spread over cooled scrolls. These can be frozen in their uncooked state.

No comments: