Friday, January 7, 2011

Salmon Pate

As the weather heated up, I looked for a cool , tasty and make ahead dish. I noticed a fish mould in the draw , and thought a salmon pate set with gelatine would be just what was called for. Most of the recipes were the same , with very little variation. This one that I adapted to the TMX came from LifeStyle food.

1/2 cup of hot water.
220g can of red salmon
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
1 Tablespoon (10g.)gelatine
2 spring onions, chopped.
1/2 cup of cream
1 chicken stock cube.( I used 1 teaspoon of chicken stock powder.)
1/2 cup TMX Mayo.
salt/pepper to taste.

Put hot water, gelatine and chicken stock in bowl and zap on 5 for 30 seconds.
Add undrained salmon, onion , mayo. salt and pepper and zap fir 1 min on speed 10.
Add cream and blend for 30 seconds on speed 7.

Pour into dishes, 12 small for entree.
Large mould, as I did .
Or what ever takes your fancy.

This is very easy and can be made the day before.

No comments: