Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Lentil Dip

This recipe is a very tasty variation on "lentil and Sun dried Tomato dip", from"Worlds Best Diet" cook book. I have adapted it to TMX.

1 cup , 200grams, cooked lentils, ( I used brown but any colour could be used.) Well drained and rinsed , canned would also be ok.
35 g of semi dried tomatoes , in oil ok.
Juice of 1 lemon
1 generous Tablespoon of olive oil. 
Pinch of chilli powder
2 teaspoons of ground Cumin
I large clove of garlic.

Place all in TMX and mix , speed 7 until tomatoes are well chopped.
Scrape down and add more oil or Greek Yoghurt and mix again until desired consistency is reached.

Notes.

I used yoghurt as I am watching calories.   But did make a batch with additional oil and it was equally good. ( visitors took this lot home)
Added some to a cheese sandwich, good.
Could add olives.
Could be served with carrot, celery sticks or cucumber slices.
Don't be put off by the look because the taste is amazing.

No comments: