Thursday, November 5, 2009
pineapple fruit cake
Pineapple Fruit Cake
440g tin of crushed pineapple
3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
extra walnut halves to decorate top
1 teaspoon of carb soda, 120g plain flour AND 120g S.R. flour
1. zap dates in TM bowl until chopped
2. add all other fruit and butter to TM bowl
3. set reverse on gentle, set temp. for 100, for 10 minutes.
4. when mixture temp drops to 70 mix in carb soda with spatula
5. remove lid and allow mixture to cool to 50
6. while mixture is cooling set oven at 160 F.F.
7. when cool add the 3/4 cup of walnuts
8. beat eggs in a cup and add to mixture
9. add flour
10.replace lid on TM and set at reverse on speed 1, for 2 minutes, use spatula to assist in mixing flour and eggs into fruit mixture.
prepare 8 inch tin with 2 layers of baking paper, and pour mixture into tin. decorate top with walnuts.
cookin center of oven for 2 hours or until cooked when tested with skewer.