Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cracker Biscuits


I have had my TMX for nearly 2 years and have had several attempts at making dry biscuits. It is only now that I have had success. The good thing is that the topping can be whatever you fancy. I just used what I had in the pantry and fridge. I used...

From bottom right in photo...

Nigelia seeds and rock salt, sprinkled on top and rolled in.
Sesame seeds and rock salt, sprinkled on top and rolled in.
Parmesan Cheese, sprinkled on 1/2 when rolled, folded over and rolled again. before cutting.
Sweet soy sauce mixed with Sesame oil, folded as above
Welsh Rarebit, same as above
Sweet Chilli Sauce ,kneaded into dough.

I cut different shapes so I could identify the different flavors. The cup from the TMX gives a very good size.

Set oven at 220 o C, bake for 10/15 mins.

Place in TMX bowl and knead for 3 mins.
300g. bread flour
2 teaspoons of dried yeast.
2 Tablespoons of Olive oil
170 mls of warm water.

When kneaded , place in warm position to double.
Knock down and place in a plastic bag to keep moist.
Work with 1/6 of the dough at a time and roll out to about 8cm x 5 cm.
Apply topping and cut into desired size and shape.
Place on lined oven tray and Spray with oil, ( I used Rice Bran Oil )
Bake until light brown, moving tray around so they brown evenly.
Cool on wire rack, and store in air tight tin.

Makes about 100, depending on size.

Ideal for kiddies lunch boxes, on cheese platter or with dips.

No comments: