Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Almond meal Biscuits
This recipe for delicious almond biscuits was posted by Uni on Forum Thermomix. I have placed them here so more people will have access to the recipe.
• 500g almond meal
• 6 egg whites, (frozen ok)
• 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar
• 300g white sugar
• 1tble of homemade vanilla essence+ 1 teaspoons OR 1 tablespoons of whisky and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
• 1 tsp almond essence
• TM Icing sugar, to coat biscuits (made from white sugar)
• Glazed cherries or whole almonds
Add egg whites and the cream of tartar to bowl and beat until stiff with the butterfly, for me it took 8 min on speed 3 ½ will (try speed 3 next time )
add all ingredients except icing sugar and cherries together in a bowl
add egg whites to other ingredients mix with your hands until all combined . rest for 1/2 an hour, not you the dough lol
Preheat oven to 180C. Make small balls of about 3cm by rolling them between your palms, and then lightly roll them in the TM icing sugar.
Place on trays lined with baking paper.
Gently press cherries or almonds into the top of the biscuits.
Cook until biscuits become lightly browned on top - about 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.