Sunday, August 8, 2010

CreamPuff63's Choux Pastry

This recipe, from CreamPuff63, of Forum Thermomix, is absolutely incredible. I have asked her for permission to publish it here for two reasons. Firstly I am afraid that I will lose it, and secondly to make it available to more TMX users. Thank you CP63.

60g. butter
270g water
150g plain flour
3 eggs, beaten

Preheat oven to 220c
Place water and butter in TMX bowl and cook, 5 1/2 mins. at 100, speed 2.
Add flour and mix for 30 sec. on speed 4. or untill pastry comes away from the sides of the bowl.
Spread mixture up the sides of the bowl with spatula and cool for approximately 5 mins.
Once the mixture is cool (may have to put the bowl in the fridge for 3 mins. ), add beaten egg one at a time over a period of 30 to 50 seconds. Speed 5.
Either pipe mixture or place teaspoons full on to greased trays ( I used baking paper).
Bake in hot oven (220), for 10 mins. Then reduce heat to 180 to 200(I used 190), and bake for another 20 to 30 mins. Until GOLDEN AND CRISP.
Remove from oven and make a small slit in the side, return to the oven with the door ajar and the heat turned off.

I used FF as my oven is a bit cool.

No comments: