Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Herb Paste



Herb Paste on Chicken


This recipe is from the 28th. issue of' Dish' magazine. An excellent NZ publication. Probably my favorite mag. at the moment. I have adapted the recipe to be made in the TMX and with some small changes to accommodate what I had in the pantry.

1 cup each of flat leaf parsley and of basil,chopped. (I used pesto that I had in the freezer, without the cheese)
Zest and juice of 1 large lime
1 teasp. each, cumin, coriander and paprika
1 Tablesp. wholegrain mustard
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste


Drop garlic on to blades, speed 5.
Drop in parsley and basil
Add rest of ingred. and zap on speed 7 until a rough paste is formed.


I spread this over a chicken prior to roasting. Marinated in the fridge overnight.
The paste could be spread over vegetables, or mixed with butter or oil to make herb bread.

No comments: